June 29, 2011

A Year Ago

A year ago at this time I was 5 days overdue with a baby that I would have sworn was a boy. A year ago I was scared that I wouldn't be able to handle this mom thing. A year ago I didn't know they type of love I could feel for someone. A year ago I didn't understand that we were about to jump onto a rollercoaster that never stops. A year ago I didn't realize that I was born to be a mother to Emily. A year ago my life had yet to change in ways I can not describe. A year ago I didn't realize I would have to wait a week and a half to meet my very independent, stubborn, beautiful, amazing daughter. It was all worth it...


1 comment:

  1. This is sweet Karen! I remember Ella's first birthday being EXTREMELY emotional for me! Like you, I was reliving all the what if's, and never could I have imagined being blessed with such pure joy for my little girl!

    You, my friend, are just as blessed with beautiful Emily! Enjoy the celebration - for Emily AND you Momma!!

    ReplyDelete