June 13, 2011

New Teeth and No Sleep

We are coming off of a pretty crazy but fun weekend. While Kevin and I headed up to Lambeau Field to see Zach Brown Band and Kenny Chesney (amazing by the way!!), Emily went to Uncle Brian and Auntie Beth's house. She had a great time hanging out with her cousins and going to Bennett's final soccer game of the season. Unfortunately the day before she finally caught the case of pink eye that has been going around daycare. The nice thing I learned about pink eye is the nurse will just call the prescription in. Saving time makes me happy. By Saturday the pink eye was doing much better.

Emily also has about 3 teeth all coming in at the same time. Mostly they don't really bother her. For some reason this weekend they were really bugging her. So it has been tough to get her to sleep and she has been extremely whiny. After our long weekend with very little sleep we pulled into Verona around 10pm. She had slept all of the way home and I was hopeful for a smooth transition from the car to the crib. Boy was I ever wrong. She woke up and stayed awake until about 11:30. Everything we did to make her feel better didn't work. Eventually I think she passed out from shear exhaustion.  I do love seeing all of those teeth in her mouth but boy oh boy do we suffer for them.

This weekend was also Bennett's 5th birthday. Which reminded me at how quickly the time goes with kids. I remember going to the hospital the day after he was born. We are looking forward to celebrating Em's first birthday in July but there are days I wished things moved a little slower. Oh well c'est la vie. Now if we could just get a full night of sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment