May 12, 2014

Mother's Day

I am not the most emotional when it comes to the kids. I generally remain pretty level headed. I didn't cry when they were born or when I left them at daycare for the first time. I rarely mourn the stage they are leaving because I am excited about the next phase they are moving into. I was actually quite happy to rid our house of the crib two weeks ago. However this Mother's Day I surprised myself. Emily sang in front of church with the rest of the Sunday school kids. It was the last day and our church does an appreciation service for all the teachers and kids. At the end of the service they sang two songs. Something about seeing my baby girl (who, as she would tell you, isn't a baby anymore) standing in front of everyone singing her heart out and looking so happy just got to me. I was so proud of her. I was struck by the fact that we made her. She is this amazing child that came from us. I felt so full of love. It was amazing.

In thinking about it a little more--That is what Mother's Day is for me. Knowing that God blessed me with carrying these two miracles. Don't get me wrong they drive me crazy some days. But watching them grow and become their own little people leaves me awestruck. My cup runneth over.


No comments:

Post a Comment