July 1, 2013

A year ago...

A year ago was my last day of work before I became a mother of 2. That wasn't really the plan but we were experiencing a triple degree heat wave, Eliza was in a very low uncomfortable position, and I. Was. Done. I spent the next 10 days at home waiting. I was waiting for what I now know as our ordinary, disorganized, and perfect family life. One that no one really could have prepared me for.

A year ago our life was a little less chaotic, a little less demanding, and had a piece missing (even if I didn't know it at the time). Nothing could have prepared me for the year that we have had. Having two kids is hard work. But I have known from the minute Eliza Jane was born that we needed her in our world as much as she needed us. She is the missing piece to our family. I now feel that our little family is complete. She has taught me that I can love more than I thought, be more patient then I thought, and be stronger then I thought. I have also watched Emily grow since Eliza's birth. She now has someone to care about, play with, teach lessons to, and learn from. It is a beautiful thing to watch the two of them interact.

A year ago I had no idea what to expect of being a mother of 2. It has been the greatest joy and greatest challenge of my life. One that I would never give back.





No comments:

Post a Comment