I realized that I have not blogged in over a month. In that month our world has changed tremendously. The end of my pregnancy was hard on me, especially with the crazy heat wave. I ended up taking more time off before giving birth than I initially planned. We played the waiting game for awhile since I was certain that I was going to go into labor early. I did not go early.
Before I went into labor we enjoyed a nice family night on Monday July 9th--Emily's actual birthday. We gave her a tricycle which we took for a spin around the neighborhood and then enjoyed some cupcakes together. I can not believe my baby is 2!
The next day was my actual due date. We ended up at the hospital after what I thought was my water breaking. After doing a test or two they told me that my water, in fact, had not broken. However since I was 40 weeks and the baby was very much in position to be born they decided to admit us and induce me. The induction process was much smoother this time around and actually kind of peaceful. After being on Potocin for awhile I took the epidural and had some much needed sleep. Early in the morning I felt the need to push so the doctors said it was go time. I was prepared for hours of pushing like I had with Emily. However Miss Eliza Jane Krause made her appearance after three short pushes. I think I was actually in shock for the next several hours. She was born with a full head of black hair just like her sister.
We have all been adjusting well over the last 7 weeks. Emily loves her baby sister more then words can say. She talks about Baby Liza all the time. As for Eliza she is a great baby. We feel so blessed to have both our girls and are enjoying life as a family of four. Check back in a couple of days for more pictures and stories about the last 7 weeks.


No comments:
Post a Comment