I took Emily in on Monday and discovered that she had the coxsackie virus. This virus is related to hand, foot, and mouth disease--a common, not serious childhood illness. The doctor said that while she didn't have the full blown virus she was probably feeling pretty miserable. Plus since it is a virus there is nothing you can really do but wait it out. So we started our ibuprofen regiment and waited for the best. On Tuesday I still felt like something wasn't quite right with her. So I ended up taking her back in to see the doctor. This time they verified that she did indeed have an ear infection. Turns out that ears can change quite quickly and we were too early on Monday to catch it. Now we are doing pretty good. I think that virus has run its course and we are 2 days into our antibiotics. Emily is slowly back to her normal old self. Needless to say we won't forget her first Easter any time soon. Hopefully there are healthier and sunny days in our future.
| Celebrating Great Grandma's 88th birthday on Palm Sunday |
| Easter bunny from Great Grandma |
| |
| No pictures in her Easter dress this year. |
| Feeling much better |
No comments:
Post a Comment