This Christmas was a Christmas of firsts. Emily's first Christmas, first overnight at Grandma and Grampa Krause's, first time seeing Pastor Paul (the minister who baptized Kevin and married us. ), first time sitting up all by herself, first tooth, and first steps towards freedom. Yup that is right our little girl not only popped out her first tooth on Christmas Eve but she is officially crawling. Well I will call it inching. It is much more of an army crawl. But she gets around pretty good. She is a completely different kid then she was a couple of weeks ago. Now she likes to sit on the floor and play with her ring set and stacking cups. When the toys get out of reach she topples over and begins inching towards them to pick them back up. She is much more a kid then she is a baby these days.
Another first happened right after Christmas. It was the first time I left Emily overnight. Kevin and I ventured off to Pasadena CA to (unsuccessfully) cheer on the Badgers in the Rose Bowl. Em stayed with Grandma and Grampa Mixdorf for 4 nights. They had a ball. She loved playing with Uncle Pat and hearing Grampa Ed do his Donald Duck voice. Grandma did a great job! Kevin and I had a great trip but are happy to be back home with our little one. We are back just in time to celebrate 6 months of Emily. Everyone says how quickly time goes by and they weren't kidding. Wasn't it just July? Wasn't I just holding 8 lbs of newborn goodness? Now she is crawling, laughing, and talking up a storm. And, trust me, she isn't 8 lbs anymore!! I will post some pictures as soon as I find my camera cord ( gotta love vacation ) and hope to post a video or two of Em moving around when I get a chance. Happy New Year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment