November 10, 2010
Four Months--Babyproofing?!?
Yesterday we went to Emily's 4 month well check up. She topped the scales at 15 lbs and is 24 inches long. She is in the 85th percentile for weight and the 62nd for height. We talked to Dr. Hillery about a variety of baby things including introducing cereal and baby food (adventures in rice cereal have already started), Em's excellent motor skills, the number of colds babies will get during their first winter (6-12!), and how well she is thriving. Then I told the Dr about how one of Emily's favorite things to do these days is flip onto her tummy and "swim". She balances on her tummy and kicks her arms and legs. When she is unable to move anywhere she get frustrated and mad. That is when Dr. Hillery told us it was probably time to start thinking about babyproofing the house. My first thought was I am not ready for my baby to be on the move just yet! Once she starts crawling our whole lives are going to change again. Right now I can trust in the fact that I can put her on the floor while I go to get dinner ready or empty the dishwasher and I will find her in the same spot when I come back. I have a feeling that won't last for long. So in the next couple weeks we will begin putting locks on our cabinets and investing in a babygate or two. I am excited that she is acheiving and thriving but a small part of me wishes she could just stay like this for a little bit longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's bittersweet, isn't it? Watching our babies grow into healthy, beautiful children...but wanted to stop time and have them be little cuddle bugs forever! Glad to hear you all are well!!
ReplyDelete