We are pretty spoiled as new parents go. Emily is a relatively easy going child, who is happy for the majority of the day. She has her fussy times at night but we really can't complain.
Em has been sleeping through the night since she was 5 weeks old. We have started to put her down earlier and earlier so her bedtime is now 8 or 8:30. She has embraced her new bedtime like a champ. However, in the last several days she has decided she needs to eat around 5 am. Now, our alarm clock goes off at 5:30 am. So when I hear her a half and hour before I *should* be getting up I get a little frustrated. Mind you it has been about 8 hours or so since she ate last. And when she wakes up she eats for about 10 min and falls back into her peaceful sleep state. Because this is slowly becoming the norm I am beginning to get used to it.
Last night she decided that 4:15 am was the time to wake up. And when I say wake up I mean she was ready to play. She was smiling and ready to go. I was not. So I fed her and put her back in her crib, awake. She actually hung out for awhile fairly quiet until she flipped herself over on her tummy and couldn't flip herself back. Kevin went in to settle her and she fell asleep shortly after that and we got to sleep for another 45 minutes.
What I need to remember during these times is how spoiled we really are. I haven't had to wake up every 2 hours to feed her at night since the first week we brought her home. Plus she has blessed me with a solid nights sleep for most of her short life. I feel for those parents whose kids don't sleep through the night. I can't imagine how different life would be without my solid night of sleep. So thank you Emily for being such a good sleeper. Can I just ask one favor? Can we go back to waking up at 5 am? Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment